Biology is a very crucial subject for most Class 12 students and more so for Medical School aspirants. The syllabus for Class 12 Biology is very vast, and cracking the subject can be challenging. However, if the students try hard, they can easily ace the subject in the board exams. This article has provided top tips and tricks to score high marks in the CBSE Class 12 Biology exams.
How to Prepare for the Class 12 Biology Exam?
If the students follow these tips and preparation strategies, they can easily score well in the board exams. A well-planned study timetable and preparation tricks will help the students complete the assignments and be ready for the exams. The first step towards that is to refer to the CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Biology. Apart from that, there are numerous other strategies to follow. See, the list that has been mentioned in this article.
- Know the Exam Pattern and Question Paper Design Well:- First, what students need to understand is that the question paper’s blueprint is very significant. This blueprint helps the students to get familiarized with the question paper pattern. Students can prepare as per the paper to do well.
- Learn the basics thoroughly and know the concepts as per the syllabus:- Students need to know the subject thoroughly and be confident to tackle all types of questions. The best way to prepare for this is to complete the topics as per the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE.
- Master the important diagrams and terminologies:– Biology includes terms and meanings and diagram-related questions. For this reason, acing the exam requires the student to be thorough with the subject.
- Solve question papers:– Students can solve mock tests, previous year papers and sample papers to know the questions paper pattern and the type of questions that are likely to be repeated for the board exams. Answering these questions is also the best way to get enough practice before the final exams.
- Revise the entire concepts properly:- Make sure to have enough time before the exams to revise the subject at least once or twice. Revise through the important notes and points of the subject and give special attention to difficult topics.
Further Strategies for Scoring in Biology Paper
- Make sure the paper is neat. Writing should be legible, and the drawings should be clear
- The labels for the diagram should be readable and placed to the right side of the paper
- Highlight the important keywords and terminologies in the answer paper
- Always use a new paper to start a new section
- Try and include diagrams for long answers if it will make explain the concept better even if it is not asked in the question paper
- Referring to the solutions and previous year papers is the best way to understand the strategies to correctly and efficiently write the answers as per the stepwise marks allocation
- Also, learn time management properly
Finally and most importantly, students should pay attention during lab sessions if they wish to score well in the Biology practical exams. It pays to experience first-hand the Biology experiments conducted during the CBSE 12th board to understand them properly.
Thus, we can conclude that Medical aspirants and students who wish to pursue Biotechnology in the field of Engineering can follow these tips and learn how to ace the exams. So, start preparing now to score well in the 12th board exams.