Apple has been offering some amazing services to its users which are further attracting more and more people to join the family. Along with high performance and abundance of space, Apple has a great application for data backup and recovery known as Time Machine.
What is a Time Machine?
Time Machine is an amazing application offered by Apple in its products which is a software to back up data. Developed by Apple, Time Machine is designed to be compatible with all kinds of advanced Apple machines and hence the Macbook Pro too. The user can either back up the entire system on the Time Machine or a few chosen files which might be important. All these backed up files could be easily recovered from the very same application later when needed.
How To Use Time Machine To Recover Hard Disk Drive Data On Macbook Pro?
Before starting to recover data from the Time Machine, make sure that it was properly synced with the system earlier and the data which is required to be recovered is backed up in it. Once that ensured, follow the below mentioned steps to restore all the files on the hard disk drive data on Macbook Pro:
- Connect the Time Machine Backup disk with the Macbook Pro where data recovery has to be done and turn on the Macbook Pro.
- Open Application folder followed by Utilities folder and finally Migration Assistant.
- Fill in all the required details and continue to the next steps.
- Under Migration Assistant, select the appropriate option for how the information should be transferred from a Mac, Time Machine backup, or startup disk and then click Continue.
- Select the Time Machine Backup and click Continue.
- Choose a Backup from the well organised list of the restorable backups and click Continue.
- Finally, select the particular information which is required to be recovered followed by clicking on
- This might take from a minutes to a few hours depending on the amount of data needed to be recovered.
- Once everything is done, restart the Macbook Pro and check the location for the freshly restored files.
What If The Time Machine Backup Was Not Backed Up Earlier?
In case there is no backup on the Time Machine, the files could be restored using a good data recovery software especially designed for Mac. Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac is one such software which is exclusively designed to be compatible with various products of Mac designed by Apple. Here is how the data could be recovered using Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac:
- Download and install Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac on the Macbook Pro where data recovery is required.
- Once the process of installation is complete, run the software on the system.
- Select Data Recovery from the main interface and proceed further on the next page.
- Select what to recover and choose the appropriate options according to the data recovery requirement and click
- Select the right location where there is a need for data recovery from the upcoming screen.
- Toggle Deep Scan and click Scan to let the software create a list of the recoverable files from the selected location.
- Preview the files from the appeared list and select all the required files from the very same list which needed to be restored.
- To save these selected files, click Recover and select the location to save these recovered files on the Macbook Pro
- Sit back and relax while the software recovers and restores the desired files.
Make sure that the charger is plugged in and turned on while recovering and restoring data from the hard disk drive on Macbook Pro as these processes, i.e. using Time Machine Backup and Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac, are time consuming and the system might run out of charge.
Why Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac?
Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac is indeed the best option available in the market for any kind of data recovery from various Apple products including MacBook (Pro & Air), iMac, Mac Mini and more. Also, the software is well suited with the latest macOS Catalina and the versions which are lower to it. Be it a data loss due to deletion, formatting, virus attack, drive corruption, etc, the software can easily recover data from all kinds of drives including APFS, HFS+, FAT & NTFS drives. All kinds of files present in even a crashed or an unbootable Mac could also be recovered using Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac.
Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac is a great software for data recovery and the above article has covered key features of the software as well as a mini guide on how to use it. This software is the greatest possible investment you could make if you are working with extremely important data on your Mac systems.