A file which is damaged and does not perform properly can be said as a ‘corrupted file.’ This is not limited to a particular file format or document. It can also include program files and system files. A corrupted file may not open at all or become unreadable or open wrong. However, this problem could sometimes be easily solved with a system reboot, but some complex issues require professional data recovery software to repair corrupted files. Stellar Free data recovery software is one such efficient and reliable data recovery software which can effectively recover corrupted files from USB.
Reasons behind File Corruption
A file usually gets corrupted when there is an interruption while saving or downloading it from a source or during transferring the file to the system. A file may also get corrupted due to system crash, power surge, damaged segments on the hard disk drive or virus and malware attack.
Let’s discuss these reasons in detail:
- Sudden Power Surge: Sudden power surge is a jolt in the flow of current to the computer system. When the flow of current increases or decreases from normal level, it affects the ongoing processes on the computer system.
- Power Outage: Power outage is a complete shutdown of power, which can cause damage to the computer system and also the files. If the system gets shutdown abruptly during the process of file saving, the file may get corrupted.
- Complete System Crash: A system may crash when an important software or the operating system stops running or gets affected. This can turn the entire computer system down, hampering the normal functioning.
- Mismatched Versions: A file could become inaccessible when the versions of the file doesn’t match the version of the application used to open it.
- Updating Errors: The system is required to be regularly updated – from drivers to applications. A failed update can also lead to a file not being opened, which will look as if the file is corrupted.
What to do with Corrupted File in USB?
The first thing to do when a file shows problems is to ensure that it is actually corrupt. To check this, connect your USB on another system and try to open the file. Many times it works and the file gets opened. This indicates that it is not the file that is faulty but there are issues with the system. To fix this, you can try updating system drivers, software used to open the file or simply reboot the system. However, if the file doesn’t open in another system, it indicates the file is corrupt.
How to Recover Corrupted Files from USB for Free?
You can use a free data recovery software to recover the corrupted file from the USB. The free version of Stellar Data Recovery for Windows is one the best data recovery software. This software lets you recover deleted files of any kind from the Windows system.
To recover corrupted files from USB for free by using the software, follow the given steps:
- Go to the official website of Stellar Data Recovery India and download the free Stellar Data Recovery Software for Windows.
- Once the download is complete, install and run the software.
- Select the location (USB device) to search for the corrupted file.
- Toggle Deep Scan and click on the Scan The software starts scanning the selected location.
- Once the scanning is done, the software shows a list of all the recoverable files. You can Preview the files and select the files which you want to recover.
- Post selection, click on Recover and wait for the software to do its job.
- To finish off the process, select the desired location to save the files and click on the Save button.
Stellar Free Data Recovery Software for Windows can easily recover corrupted, damaged or deleted files from any kind of device for FREE. With such an easy and free data recovery process and unbelievable features, this software is indeed the best in the market. Hence, do not think before choosing the software for recovery of your corrupted files from USB for free.